Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflection Post

REFLECTION POST

      It has been a pleasure to be a part of this class this semester! This class has been very informational and has truly put to work my technology skills. Throughout the semester, there has been topics that have honestly molded the concepts and ideas I would like to bring forth in my future classroom.
      One of the topics I enjoyed the most was the one that talked about websites and blogs for teachers and students in chapter 8! This topic was very helpful and showed just the immense amounts of references and tools that could be used in a classroom setting. I did an observation for one of my classes and in that observation, the teacher showed me this incredibly helpful website called TeachersPayTeachers.com Below is a YouTube Video by Kayse Morris talking about the basics of this website
This topic led me to search for many more resources that can one day come in handy when I have a class of my own which is why I like the topic so much. It has opened my mind to all the things technology an offer and how many times it as such an easy reach and will only benefit the teacher and the student.
      There are so many things I can talk about in this class that has molded me into a future educator more open to the use of technology. Just like how our book would often talk about, technology is becoming a big part of everyday life and as future educators, people who have been given the responsibility of instructing future generations, we should make sure to offer the best of the best to our students.
      To end this reflection essay, I want to attach this YouTube Video from Adam Lindstrom on how education has changed because of technology and how it has become a vessel of consistency and effectiveness throughout everything that is done in a classroom.

Thank you For everything, Professor Coleman!
Resources:
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

Educational Technologies in Classrooms, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9kdIBlM424

Teachers Pay Teachers- beginners, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CCjaSlDndo

No comments:

Post a Comment